Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Why I use Essential Oils

I belong to a church that encourages us to plan for the worst and hope for the best.  "Be Prepared" as some would say.  This got me thinking about scenarios in which I couldn't get to a doctor or had no way to access a pharmacy- what would I do?  I struggled for months with this thought- I didn't have an answer but knew one had to be out there.

Personally, I've never been one to like taking medication- prescription or not.  They either make you dizzy or drowsy and I just don't like when substances can take over my body that way.  After surgery, I'd have to take the strongest of them all, but almost felt as though the medicine had absorbed into me and I didn't like the way it felt- almost puffy and couldn't wait to start lowering my doses. 

From Flickr: OnlineMediaRelease

Then one day at a friend's party, my kids' runny noses started up.  We had fought this for weeks and school was just about to start.  She got out a bag and asked if she could rub a few oils on my boys' feet.  As long as it won't hurt them, right?  So she told me what this was about and gave me a small sample to take home and keep working on them with.  I did it once more before bed.  

The next morning, those runny noses were gone!  Cleared up!  I called her that day- tell me more and how can I get these?

There just happened to be a presenter coming that week and she gave an excellent presentation on the Family Physician Kit and all the things it can do to help your family.  This got me back to thinking about my worry over so many months- I can use oils to heal my family!  


I was so excited to get an answer that I couldn't stop talking about it and sharing it with others... and still can't.  So I started this blog to share it with you and any others you feel could benefit from essential oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment